- The Reflective Teacher: a Taxonomy - These are great ways to reflect upon our practices. How can we ensure that we incorporate such reflection in our practices, PLC's, etc.?
- How to Put a Laptop in the Hands of EveryStudent - Are any of us willing to sacrifice to make this a reality? How forceful should administrative policy/direction be to make this happen?
- We Have to Model Failure - How many of us really think failure is a good thing? How many of us are willing to admit failure? How many of us are ready to let a student demonstrate they know more than we?
- Making Teaching a Profession - Some will be offended or insulted by this article. Once you get over that, reflect on how you implement some of the recommendations even though you are already out and working. I like this suggestion: "the problem he has seen at dozens of programs was that there was 'no connection between the clinical experience and what went on in the university.' Ideally, he said, students 'would teach in the morning, spend the afternoon learning theory connected to what went on that morning, and then preparing for the next day.' ”
- A 21st Century Drill/Warmup - An awesome exercise. A great springboard to help us create other similar practices with our students and utilize all the tools out to their fullest.
I liked several others enough to bookmark them on Delicious. Check out the one's I saved today .